The ATD Greater Boston Chapter Special Interest Group on Learning Measurement Presents:
Creating a Measurement Strategy to Tell Your Value Story
with Jennifer Balcom
September 29, 2021
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
VIRTUAL EVENT - Link in registration email
Learning measurement strategy involves ensuring you can tell your value story both through the data and with the insights from comments. This requires the measurement discipline, frameworks and tools are to ensuring data collection informs analytics and provides insights.
In this session we’ll discuss and share best practices about how to create a measurement strategy that answers the question: did learning make an impact and move the needle on behavior outcomes?
In this session we will
1. Share value story best practices
2. Introduce a Measurement Strategy map
3. Discuss how to use the Measurement Strategy map to build the foundation for your value story
About the Speaker
Jenn Balcom joined Explorance in 2019 as a Principal Consultant after 20 years of corporate experience, both in HR and professional services, focused on talent management strategies designed to drive business results. She has led award-winning, global teams in various industries to deliver programs for employee engagement, onboarding, talent development, learning analytics, performance management and leadership development. At Explorance, Jenn partners with clients to develop targeted talent development and HR strategies integrated with human capital analytics to demonstrate impact. In her role she also is accountable for business development support and for R&D to develop new consulting capabilities within Explorance.
Areas of expertise include:
- Learning and talent development analytics strategies, including building with capability within organizations to support analytic and measurement efforts
- Coaching individuals and teams to improve skills and performance
- Management of Global LMS implementations with integrated competencies, career paths and content vendors
- Learning need analysis and content portfolio governance that balances vendor content with company specific learning content
- Development and implementation of global talent development programs for onboarding, compliance, sales training, performance management, career paths / development planning and knowledge management
- Leadership development programs, both onsite and virtual, for all levels of leaders from coaching / debriefing 360 and other leadership assessments for executives in workshops and individually to Management Development Program targeted to new, first level managers
- Change management, executive briefings and company – wide communications for large scale, global HR programs
Measurement Special Interest Group (SIG) Mission
The mission of the group is to enhance members’ professional development in measurement and evaluation; to increase the effectiveness of their L&D organizations through measurement and evaluation; and to engage with the global community of L&D practitioners in applying measurement and evaluation to deliver performance and results through learning.
The group addresses a wide range of topics, from getting started in defining methods, tools and processes of data collection, to more advanced applications, such as, measuring technology-enabled and blended learning. The group welcomes members with little or no background in measurement and evaluation, through more experienced practitioners.
Why Consider Joining the Measurement SIG?
The benefits of participating in the group will include:
- Enhancing your professional development in the area of measurement and evaluation
- Sharing measurement challenges and gaining insight and advice from others
- Engaging in dialogue with subject matter experts
- Providing information, tools and advice to fellow L&D practitioners in your organization
- Demonstrating to executive stakeholders how you are increasing performance and results through learning
- Making a contribution toward advancing the effectiveness of L&D worldwide, through more robust measurement and evaluation
Website Photo/Video Release Authorization
In consideration of my position as an attendee/member of the Association for Talent Development Greater Boston (ATD GB), I agree with ATD GB’s unrestricted right/permission to take, use, re-use, publish and re-publish photographic, video/audio content including, in whole or in part, all media now and hereafter known for illustration, promotion, training, exhibition, advertising in connection with ATD GB and its initiatives. I expect ATD GB to use the content professionally, but waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product/products, advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I hereby certify that I am fully competent and of full legal age and have the right to execute this release with ATD GB.
Do you have questions about chapter membership? Then please join us for a monthly Welcome Session at 6 PM on the third Thursday of each month. The session is 45 minutes and will include information about our chapter, local and national membership options, and an opportunity to meet members of the board. This is a great time to ask questions and get the inside scoop on all things related to the Greater Boston Chapter! Click here to sign up and a member from our board will contact you.
A full refund will be issued if the cancellation request is made on or before fourteen calendar days before the scheduled event.