The ATD Greater Boston Chapter Special Interest Group on Learning Measurement Presents:
Celebrating, Learning, and Planning for 2021
with your cohosts...
December 16, 2020
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
VIRTUAL EVENT - Link in registration email
The year 2020 is certainly one for the record books. We’ve all been faced with unprecedented challenges, including especially the global pandemic. Learning and Development leaders have needed to shift quickly to a virtual environment and provide learning opportunities that deliver results quickly. Measurement remains a critical process for demonstrating and improving results and justifying budgets.
This session will provide an opportunity for participants to reflect on – and celebrate – what they’ve accomplished during this extraordinary year; to identify lessons learned; and to generate ideas for advancing measurement strategies in the year ahead.
By attending this session, you will be able to:
- Identify ways in which you and others have made progress in measurement in 2020
- Learn from Jodi Atkinson, SIG member and L&D leader at Deltek, how she has used a leadership competency model in the measurement process
- Identify key measurement challenges, such as, selling the value of measurement, asking the right questions, building a reporting system and using measurement data to drive results
- Gain ideas and advice for your measurement plans for 2021
About the Hosts
Tom Atkinson, Ph.D. is the Founder and Leader of the ATD Greater Boston Special Interest Group on Measurement. He is well-experienced in helping companies document and improve business results through learning. His work ranges from developing case studies of specific projects to building systems for tracking and reporting results to stakeholders. He has most recently conducted Return on Investment (ROI) studies of leadership development programs in healthcare and manufacturing. Tom is a Certified ROI Consultant, through the ROI Institute, led by Drs. Jack and Patti Phillips.
Irene Stern Frielich is the Founder and President of EnVision Performance Solutions, an instructional design and L&OD strategy consultancy. EnVision is the recipient of multiple awards, most recently top recipient of the 2020 International eLearning Awards/Business Division. Irene’s expert team designs and develops elearning, live and virtual classroom, and on-the-job training courses and blended curricula. They also provide a unique suite of services to help clients build self-reliance in instructional design, facilitation, and training project management.
About the Measurement Special Interest Group (SIG)
The mission of the ATD Greater Boston Measurement SIG is to enhance members’ professional development in measurement and evaluation; to increase the effectiveness of their L&D organizations through measurement and evaluation; and to engage with the global community of L&D practitioners in applying measurement and evaluation to deliver performance and results through learning.
The group addresses a wide range of topics, from getting started in defining methods, tools and processes of data collection, to more advanced applications, such as, measuring technology-enabled and blended learning. We welcome members with little or no background in measurement and evaluation, through more experienced practitioners.
Why Consider Joining the Measurement SIG?
The benefits of participating in the group will include:
- Enhancing your professional development in the area of measurement and evaluation
- Sharing measurement challenges and gaining insight and advice from others
- Engaging in dialogue with subject matter experts
- Providing information, tools and advice to fellow L&D practitioners in your organization
- Demonstrating to executive stakeholders how you are increasing performance and results through learning
- Making a contribution toward advancing the effectiveness of L&D worldwide, through more robust measurement and evaluation
Website Photo/Video Release Authorization
In consideration of my position as an attendee/member of the Association for Talent Development Greater Boston (ATD GB), I agree with ATD GB’s unrestricted right/permission to take, use, re-use, publish and re-publish photographic, video/audio content including, in whole or in part, all media now and hereafter known for illustration, promotion, training, exhibition, advertising in connection with ATD GB and its initiatives. I expect ATD GB to use the content professionally, but waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product/products, advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I hereby certify that I am fully competent and of full legal age and have the right to execute this release with ATD GB.
A full refund will be issued if the cancellation request is made on or before fourteen calendar days before the scheduled event.