Learning Measurement SIG Presents:
“ROI By Design – Measuring Learning with Design Analytics”
with Laura Paramoure
March 22, 2024
2:00 PM to 3:15 PM
VIRTUAL EVENT - Link in registration email
Join us for an insightful session that tackles a challenge the learning profession has faced for over 50 years – measuring the impact of learning effectively. We've all clung to outdated methods like surveys, which have left us unable to demonstrate the real impact of our programs, ultimately damaging our reputation in the business world.
But there's hope! How can we regain credibility and bring our learning department in line with other business units? How can we adjust our daily learning practice to absorb measurement? This session will dive into the ROI by Design measurement methodology, a powerful approach that infuses solid business principles into our learning practice. It's akin to Six-Sigma, using design and measurement techniques to continuously enhance program quality and prove the impact of learning.
In this session, we'll:
- Reveal how standardizing learning connects directly to improved business outcomes.
- Explore how design data empowers quality control and provides insights to fix subpar programs.
- Demonstrate how learning impact tools bridge the gap between learning design and business results, fostering data-driven decision-making.
- Uncover the consistent learning metrics employed by learning leaders to showcase the impact of learning.
- Examine the ways this methodology has elevated both the credibility and influence of Learning and Development.
Don't miss this opportunity to learn how to revitalize your approach to learning measurement and boost your department's standing in the business world!
Results-Based Learning Professional
Laura Paramoure, EdD, has 25 years of experience in performance improvement, training design, and evaluation. She is the author of ROI by Design™ (2014) and a featured speaker on the topic of return on investment for training organizations. Her private sector experience includes Director of Training and Development with Parata systems where she was responsible for the establishment and deployment of both domestic and international training. She is currently the CEO of eParamus, a company which helps organizations of all types and sizes optimize and verify the impact of their training programs.
Measurement Special Interest Group (SIG) Mission
The mission of the group is to enhance members’ professional development in measurement and evaluation; to increase the effectiveness of their L&D organizations through measurement and evaluation; and to engage with the global community of L&D practitioners in applying measurement and evaluation to deliver performance and results through learning.
The group addresses a wide range of topics, from getting started in defining methods, tools and processes of data collection, to more advanced applications, such as, measuring technology-enabled and blended learning. The group welcomes members with little or no background in measurement and evaluation, through more experienced practitioners.
Why Consider Joining the Measurement SIG?
The benefits of participating in the group will include:
- Enhancing your professional development in the area of measurement and evaluation
- Sharing measurement challenges and gaining insight and advice from others
- Engaging in dialogue with subject matter experts
- Providing information, tools and advice to fellow L&D practitioners in your organization
- Demonstrating to executive stakeholders how you are increasing performance and results through learning
- Making a contribution toward advancing the effectiveness of L&D worldwide, through more robust measurement and evaluation
A full refund will be issued if the cancellation request is made on or before fourteen calendar days before the scheduled event.
WEBSITE PHOTO/VIDEO RELEASE AUTHORIZATION
In consideration of my position as an attendee/member of the Association for Talent Development Greater Boston (ATD GB), I agree with ATD GB’s unrestricted right/permission to take, use, re-use, publish and re-publish photographic, video/audio content including, in whole or in part, all media now and hereafter known for illustration, promotion, training, exhibition, advertising in connection with ATD GB and its initiatives. I expect ATD GB to use the content professionally, but waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product/products, advertising copy or other matter that may be used in connection therewith or the use to which it may be applied. I hereby certify that I am fully competent and of full legal age and have the right to execute this release with ATD GB.